Small But Mighty

Harbear; the 16 Year Old Freshman

Harrisyn Schlipp has been seen walking around in girl’s character shoes and yells “I love kids” while walking around mainstreet, has a very interesting style. He is very musically inclined, and is a small yet fascinating person.

“My first impression of Harrisyn was that he was this nerdy little kid, he was super short and in chorus with me,” said freshman Morgan Clark.

Schlipp is currently 16 years old and a freshman at Knoch. He already has his permit despite just starting to take biology.

“My old school has a policy where if you start kindergarten early you have to repeat the grade cause you can’t be too young to move to the next grade, trust me, I am just as confused as you are,” said Schlipp.

Often referred to as Harbear, Schlipp has been involved in theater for five total years. His uncle Tanner, who was in two tours for the musical 42nd Street, was the one who introduced him to theater.

“I have been involved in theater for (a long time). 1 being this year with Newsies and the upcoming spring play. Besides that, I have done 4 musicals outside of Knoch,” said Schlipp.

Since Schlipp is shorter than the average high school boy, his height is typically the butt of the joke.

“I was used as a battling ram in the fight scene,” Schlipp has said. “They just picked me up at rehearsal one day and then I became a weapon of mass destruction.”

As said earlier, Schlipp has been seen running down main street yelling, “I love kids.”

“I don’t know what Morgan told you but let me retell what happened. I was STANDING by a bus and I said it once,” said Schlipp. “It’s kind of a normal reaction for me to say that.”

Schlipp is normally seen wearing clothes with a very specific fashion sense. Many of the guys that were in musical with him this year would ask Schlipp about his clothing.

“Anytime he dresses up, he looks at me for approval of his outfits,” said Knoch’s lead in the musical, and Schlipp’s friend, senior Jack Walker.

On a more serious note, the people in Schlipp’s life are all very supportive of everything he does. His parents helped as much as they could when it came to musical, and Schlipp’s chorus teacher Mike Sypien constantly supports him.

“From day one, Harrisyn seemed like a genuinely good person,” said Sypien. “He is always very kind and respectful.”

Sypien has known Schlipp since he moved to the school district in 7th grade. As someone who has known Schlipp for years, Sypien, just like many others, is excited to see how Schlipp grows throughout the rest of high school.

“It’s been great seeing all the things Harrisyn has accomplished in the last three years.  I look forward to seeing how he continues to grow throughout the rest of high school,” said Sypien.