Can she do it all?

Breaking the Ice with Sophomore Girlboss, Dara Patten

Alaina Fields, Staff Writer

It’s almost as though this girl can do it all. Dara Patten manages to play hockey on a national level team, keep good friendships with all her friends, uphold good grades, and help around the house.

Although Patten is very good at balancing all of these things, there is one big downfall. Because she plays on such a high level, Patten  has Hockey all of the time! Almost every single weekend, she has either games or a tournament. She also has several practices a week. She explains that although it takes up most of her time and doesn’t allow her to hang with friends, it is all worth it because she loves the sport. I mean she has been playing for ten years!

A friend of Patten, Willow Danehy, says, “It really frustrates me as a friend because sometimes I want to see one of the people that means so much to me, but I can never hang out with her. I only hangout with her like three times a year.”

Aside from hockey, Patten has a very great personality. Her happiness and joy is contagious and she is always there for her friends no matter what. Just talking to her can raise your mood.

Willow Danehy says that her favorite personality trait that Patten portrays is, “Her unconditional care for everyone and her ability to love.”

Another cool trait of Patten is that she is a daredevil. When asking her mom, Mrs. Patten, what one of her favorite traits about Patten was, she explained that she loved that she is never scared to do anything.

Lori Patten said, “ She started Skiing at 3 and rode every roller coaster she was tall enough to get on.

Patten is very goal driven, especially with school work. Even with how busy she is, she makes it a priority to get her work done. When she sets a goal, she will do anything and everything she can to achieve it.

Dara Patten says, “My main goal this year is to get straight A’s the whole entire year. It will be hard but I will try my best!”

Willow Danehy wanted to make sure to add one more important fact about Dara Patten. She said, “If you didn’t know already, Dara actually has Webbed Feet.”