{March Madness}

%7BMarch+Madness%7D

Julian Sanks, Staff Writer

March Madness had a lot of ups and downs this year; Duke went out early, the Lonzo Ball hype train was filled.

March Madness is the time when everyone just thinks that they know everything about basketball when they really don’t, and they bandwagon on a certain player or team.

March Madness takes up a lot of time as well.

Based on a rough estimate that 23.7 million employees will use company time to research, construct and check their NCAA basketball tournament brackets this year, U.S. employers stand to lose $615 million per hour in wages to distracted workers (calculations by Challenger, Gray & Christmas, an outplacement firm).

If applied to high-end estimates that 81.5 million workers will spend at least an hour on their brackets, employer losses rise to as much as $2.1 billion. (CBS Sports)

So, as you can see, March Madness is a big deal.

Now let’s talk about the actual games. A lot of people had UCLA winning it all because (obviously) Lonzo Ball. UCLA lost to Kentucky in the Sweet 16 and that is where a lot of brackets got busted. But when Duke lost to South Carolina in round of 32, that is when most people got screwed because Duke was the favorite team picked to win. Michigan and South Carolina were two teams who were a Seventh Seed made far runs and upset several teams in the tournament.

One person (who is an idiot), completely failed at the bracket.

“I had Xavier going deep in the tournament”, said senior Devin Campbell.

Zero teams he picked were in the final four. Also, Devin has been running a bracket since sixth grade and has never won it.

He finished last this year.

Another big time fail was freshman Malachi Schworm

“Duke busted my bracket and after that I was basically done,” said Schworm

On the other hand sophomore, Austin Micko predicted the championship. His bracket was 95.4% overall.

“I just picked teams with the best record and highest seed, and it worked” he said.

North Carolina and Gonzaga were in the finals and last year they lost but this year they lost so no more Jordan crying face memes for the tar heels.

As for my bracket, mine was 40%. I had Kansas, Duke, Ucla, and Gonzaga in my Final Four.

I’m going to go out on a limb and pick Kansas to take it all in 2018. It can’t get any worse than Devin’s bracket.