Mackensie Roccia

Senior Perfroming Arts Bios

May 26, 2020

PARENTS’ FIRST/ LAST NAMES: Erin Lazor

GROUPS: Women’s Ensemble, Concert Choir 

NUMBER OF YEARS PLAYING/SINGING: I have been singing ever since I was 4 

AWARDS/ RECOGNITION: PMEA Region Choir at Butler High School

FUTURE PLANS/ COLLEGE OF CHOICE (MAJOR): I plan to attend Slippery Rock University to major in Public Health and attend the Physician Assistant 3+2 program. 

OTHER ACTIVITIES (SCHOOL RELATED OR COMMUNITY):  I am a part of NHS, as well as a volunteer at New Life Christian Ministries.  

FAVORITE HIGH SCHOOL PERFORMING ARTS MEMORY: My favorite memory is going to Nashville and getting lost in a huge mall and almost missing our dinner in an aquarium with Bailey Ferguson. 

FAVORITE HIGH SCHOOL SUBJECT AND FAVORITE TEACHER: My favorite subject is biology and my favorite teacher is Mr. Hall. I’ve known him for all 4 years of high school and he has always cared about what I want to do outside of high school. 

What would you like to say to your performing arts teachers/directors?

Thank you Mr. Sypien for caring so much about your students and keeping us on track. Also thank you for taking us on amazing trips, creating a fun environment to work in, and pushing us to work hard in not only singing but also in life. I learned many things from you that I am excited to keep in my life and teach others. I will always keep music in my life because of you!

What would you like to say to your parents?

Thank you Mom, Nana, and Pappy for always supporting me and always coming to my concerts. It is because of you that I fell in love with singing and I want to continue in any way that I can. 

What would you like to say to your performing arts peers, either specifically or as a whole?

Thank you Bailey, Dori, Ally, and my Women’s Ensemble class this year for making the Winter Concert one I will never forget. I have learned so much from all of you and I will miss not being able to sing together one last time. 

Advice for underclassmen?

Always keep music in your life, you never know how it can change you. I also encourage you to talk to as many people as you can in your classes because you can make some incredible friends. Have fun but also work hard!

The Knight Times • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Knight Times Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *