Stephanie Justi

Senior Performing Arts Bios

Stephanie+Justi

PARENTS’ FIRST/ LAST NAMES: Chris and Karen Justi

GROUPS: Concert Band, Marching Band, and Pit Orchestra

INSTRUMENT(s): Clarinet and Bass Clarinet

NUMBER OF YEARS PLAYING: 9 years

AWARDS/ RECOGNITION: Captain (1 year) and Drum Major (2 years) for the marching band, first chair in concert band, and part of PMEA Districts for two years. Most Improved Band Member in 8th grade, and Outstanding Leadership my sophomore and senior years. 

FUTURE PLANS/ COLLEGE OF CHOICE (MAJOR): Geneva College to major in History and Secondary Education.

OTHER ACTIVITIES: Student Council, German Club, GAP, History Club, NHS, and RAM volunteer.

FAVORITE HIGH SCHOOL PERFORMING ARTS MEMORY:  Marching through the Disney Magic Kingdom with my best friends….OR Mr. Hayden running up and down every line of the marching band to give us all high fives after a bangin’ show 🙂

FAVORITE HIGH SCHOOL SUBJECT AND FAVORITE TEACHER:  Too many to choose from!!! Mr. Hayden has been with me every step of the way through middle and high school.  Mr. Pflugh encouraged my love of history.  Frau Karns  never failed to greet me with a smile or a Bob Ross quote.  Mrs. Lentz was a bookworm’s hope for an English teacher.  I owe my passion for learning and teaching to these people. 

What would you like to say to your performing arts teachers/directors?

THANK YOU!!! I could not have made it through high school if I didn’t have music or you as a teacher in my life.  The band room became my home away from home, and it’s going to be very strange to leave it. 

What would you like to say to your parents?

Thank you for all the love, support, encouragement, and laughs.  Your first has successfully passed the tumultuous trials of public education, so I’d say you did something right and you can send the rest of the crew through. 

What would you like to say to your performing arts peers, either specifically or as a whole?

I’m going to miss all of you so much next year.  Keep making band great again!

Advice for underclassmen?

Go for it.  It might seem scary at first, but I promise this is where you’ll meet some of your best friends and make the greatest memories. Oh, and always bring a pencil.