A Voice From Heaven

You may know Mr Welsh as the substitute or even better the quiet new science teacher but there’s more about him that you don’t know. Mr Welsh has a hidden talent and it’s that he has the voice of an angel; his vocals will blow you away. 

“I don’t like to toot my own horn, but my voice is probably my best feature. I know that’s hard to believe, but a lot of people don’t know that about me,” said Mr Welsh. 

Mr Welsh recently announced to his students that he would be auditioning for the hit TV show, “The Voice.” 

“Mr Welsh and I used to have a band back in the day. I would say we were extremely talented and gifted with the art of music,” said history teacher, Mr Johnson. 

Mr Welsh was lead singer in his old band “The Juice Boxes” and although they did not attract a big audience, Welsh and Johnson claim they were the talk on the street. 

“I never really liked to flaunt my singing abilities because I didn’t want to come off like I was trying to show off. I like to stay humble,” said Welsh 

Brian Welsh was always very passionate about music, he grew up with it in his household because his mother was an opera singer. His father played the piano, so his home was always filled with constant music and singing. 

His dreams were to pursue a career in music, but when that didn’t work out, he became a science/history teacher. He went on “America’s Got Talent” when he was in high school. They unfortunately all voted him off the stage, but he’s more determined now than ever to win the “The Voice”. 

Welsh said, “I swear Howie Mandel had something against me. I have no idea what but he must have got everyone to vote against me. I was expecting to get the golden buzzer.” 

His students support him greatly. They are all hoping the best for him and he takes home the win! Students and fellow teachers are excited to watch him perform. 

“ To be completely honest, I had no idea Mr Welsh was a singer. I’m excited to hear what he can do,” said junior Connor Squartino. 

Welsh doesn’t often perform for the students so the show will be a big surprise for all of them to hear. It sure will be something to look forward to too. 

Squartino said, “ The only time I heard him sing was once in science, and man oh man, it was horrific! I know that’s him probably singing as a joke though. I have faith in him.” 

Mr Welsh is due to send in his audition video on March 24th, it will be posted as well as the results if he ends up getting on to the show or not! He will be performing “We are Never Getting Back Together” by Taylor Swift. An oldie but a goodie! 

Make sure to stay tuned!

“I am so pumped. I am ready to show everyone what I can do!” said Welsh.