How to Pick a college that doesn’t Suck

March 28, 2023

Do you suck at picking a college? How do you choose a college? What makes it perfect? Does it matter about the food, campus, or the classes?  Well, I might be able to help you with that.

Food

To me, food would be one of the biggest parts of choosing a school that I’m going to be at for the next four years. How much would that food cost? Well, college normally offers meal plans.19 meals per week which are three meals a day for six days at Slippery Rock University is $250 for 3 meals and $1,785 is for all of it. And I don’t know about you, but that seems like a lot and most of the others don’t get any better. What if you just bought your own food for your room? That doesn’t seem like a half-bad idea. You can also buy food in bulk. Some food that people always have in their rooms are-

-Mixed Nuts

-Granola

-Cereal

-Peanut Butter and Jelly 

-Oatmeal Packets

-Microwavable Popcorn

-Soups

-Rice

Most of the food items don’t seem half bad. And they’re CHEAP and I’m just saying I would most likely be broke. And I know that ramen is a good item to have people everywhere like it. So I would definitely be good for the soup and Cereal option.

Campus

Do you care how the campus looks? Is that one of the biggest things that you look for in a college? Do you want a campus that is spread out between miles and miles in a city or in the country? Do you want it close together where it has everything you need right there? Or do the buildings look old or is it new and up to date? Are there nice spots outside where you can study and practice? For me, I would want the campus to be modern and up-to-date and it definitely shows that they take care of it. And, that they have good places for sports.

Classes

We all go to college mostly because we want to do something with our lives and I would think to make money. The school you go to has to have the classes you want to take for your profession. The classrooms need a  professor that is willing to teach and not just leave us with no explanation on what to do. You also want to make sure that your class is at the right time. And that they fit into your schedule. For me, my classes would have to be hands-on. So I will have on-the-job training when I get a job. And they would more likely hire me because I would already know how to do the important things on the job.

I hope this helps when picking your college. Make your college have everything you need and want if you get lucky. And don’t spend too much money on food.