Falling Down

November 3, 2017

Image courtesy of Instagram

The three days of fall we had this year were, without question, the most aesthetically pleasing days there were. Dead leaves, drinks full of sugar that you have been told taste like “pumpkin”, being able to FINALLY wear the sweaters and jeans that make up 85% of your wardrobe. Believe me, I like fall just as much as the next intrinsically basic high school girl. But I also violently despise it. I’m congested to the point where my Ms sound like Bs and my Ns sound like Ds. AwesomBe. The weather tricks you. “Hi I’m Mother Nature, here’s the cold weather you’ve been begging for. Lol jk now it’s 3 o’clock and 102 degrees outside. Haha YOU THOUGHT.” Fall, too, brings about some of the most horrendous color pairings I’ve ever seen. Yeah, that army green you’ve been waiting to break out, DOES NOT GO WITH SALMON. Also, it’s almost guaranteed that I gain five pounds just from candy corn alone. So, I sought help from my peers.

Sophomore Caroline Ezjak

Image courtesy of Instagram

Q:How do you keep a cute shape during the Halloween-Thanksgiving season

A:It’s sooo difficult to restrain from eating copious amounts of pumpkin flavored desserts during this season. One pumpkin roll won’t kill me right? lol to be fair I try to stay active as the weather g
ets colder, despite the lack of motivation.

Q:Halloween candy or Thanksgiving dinner?

A:Choosing between my love for chocolate & a full course meal is tough, but nothing beats seeing glorious amounts of good food on a table.

Q:How much food is too much food?

A:If you’re chewing and you get physically tired from chewing, you should probably stop yourself right there.

Image courtesy of Instagram

Sophomore Sarah Massa

Q:How do you save money on fashion during this season?

A:I save money during the fall season by buying at places like Target and Old Navy. Their clothes are very cute and cheap.

Q:What can I do to relax and spend time with my friends during this stressful season?

A:I work at a haunted attraction called Eerie Acres Farm. It’s in Butler and it’s open every Friday and Saturday from dusk till 11. This is my first year working there and it’s so much fun. The attraction is a huge haunted house with a maze. It takes about 30 minutes to go through it and it’s such a fun and interactive haunted house. Definitely a fun fall activity to do with your friends.

Senior Max Mcaulley

Q:What color necktie is best for the fall season?

A:First off, I wouldn’t wear a necktie because they’re just a clever disguise for a means of torture. However, if we were talking about a super cool and totally rad BOWTIE, then I’d answer your question. So, let’s say you didn’t disgrace my presence with the reference of that monkey-suit accessory, and perhaps you proposed a bowtie instead, then I’d have to go with the color orange

Q:Are you willing to have a heat stroke to wear a sweater to school despite this 80 degree weather?

A:Secondly, of course I’m willing to wear a sweater and get a heat stroke! Hear me out. First period: Study Hall, I chillax for an entire period. Second period: Gym, I have my stroke just in time for fourth period calculus, fifth period English, and  I’ll even throw in seventh period economics. Then, I conveniently wake up for eighth period with Frau Karns, because she’s a cool cat and her class doesn’t make me tear my hair out. So….. in short, yes!

I would like to thank my fellow classmates for enlightening me and hopefully saving a few lives during this challenging time. As for my allergy problem, I guess I’ll just keep popping the benedryl and tossing back the hot tea. Stay safe out there, Knoch.