Seniors Heather Walker, Chalee Durand, Taryn Crawford, Mary Gall, and Maya Wirtz

What’s Hot — Snowball

November 13, 2017

For this week’s “What’s Hot”, I won’t be reviewing any specific item.  Snowball is just around the corner, so all everyone is talking about is their dresses, plans, dates, etc.  So why not talk about what’s trending for Snowball ‘17?  Last year it was two-piece and floral print dresses, and I wonder what it will be next.  I’m sensing a lot of floral again this year–I’ve seen plenty of Instagram pics from other school’s homecomings.  And, okay, I want to ask girls what they think, too (unless you’re wearing a dress to Snowball–sorry guys!).

1. What did you think is going to be the “hottest” trend at Snowball this year?

Shannon Smith, sophomore: The “chocker trend”.  This has been a trend for the past year, personally not a fan.  But that’s none of my business…

Isabelle Evans, sophomore: Most likely the two piece dresses. As I was shopping that’s all I saw. It was hard to find a normal one piece!

Taryn Crawford, senior: Getting drunk (lol I’m going to keep this on as long as possible until I get in trouble)

Jocelyn Adley, sophomore: Probably bringing people from other schools…you’re not cool unless no one knows your date.

Hannah Hassler, freshman: Two piece dresses

2. What do you think will be the most popular dress style?

Shannon: I think an a-line.

Taryn: Floral and two-piece

Jocelyn: The year of the flowers.  I see flowers everywhere.

3. What style is your dress?

Shannon: Bodycon

Isabelle: My dress is a two piece. Yep, definitely falling onto the bandwagon but I love it!

Taryn: Floral

Jocelyn: It’s a burgundy halter top fit and flare dress…I love it.

Hannah: two piece

4. What songs do you think are going to be played?

Shannon: Well I’m hoping hype songs, like Bodak Yellow by Cardi B *hint hint*

Isabelle: Probably the normal dancing songs like cotton eye jo, cha cha slide, etc. For like the most popular songs, I’m not exactly sure. Maybe the newer stuff, things easy to dance to and not awkward, ya know?

Taryn: Rap

Jocelyn: Probably that new weird Nicki Minaj song…idk why people like it.  I think she means Bodak Yellow by Cardi B…:)

Hannah: Popular 2017 and throwback songs

5. What dance moves are definitely going to happen in the gym this year?

Shannon: Grinding obvi.  Or the chicken dance.

Isabelle: THE WOBBLE! That’s my favorite. I can’t do any other dance so I’ll just be hopping around until my legs give out.

Taryn: Cha cha slide, cupid shuffle, cotton eyed joe

Jocelyn: I mean you probably got your classic grinding (you know, all the stuff you try to look away from) but it’s happening on the other side too.

Hannah: Fun and crazy

After the Dance Update:  These ladies were all pretty spot on with their Snowball predictions…there were a ton of floral and two-piece dresses, grinding, and popular 2017 hits–including Bodak Yellow.  Everyone looked great–I especially love seeing the photos posted on Instagram that night or the next day.  Cheers to another Snowball over and done!

The Knight Times • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Knight Times Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *