Sports, Sunsets, Summer 2018

October 10, 2018

Summer 2018, supposed to be the best summer of your life, right?  But in reality you probably just sat in your room and watched Netflix the whole summer.

While you were binge watching some random show Mrs. West and her family including Freshman Grant West, and Sophomore Caedon West.  Went on a cruise for the first time over the summer.

“Wherever you go local folks will aggressively try and get you to buy stuff, said English teacher Mrs. West. “It’s a little overwhelming”.

One of the stops on the cruise was Jamaica.

“The sand was white powder and the water was turquoise,” said Mrs. West.

And with that beautiful sand and water you know that they had to do something in the water.

“I snorkeled in Jamaica and

saw some really gorgeous exotic fish,” said Mrs. West.

Mrs. West also got to learn about the Jamaican culture.

“Whenever you have a question in Jamaica about anything locals will shrug their shoulders and say ‘It’s Jamaica, mon.,’ said Mrs. West.

Some vacations have more of a sport centered theme.

“I went to Denver, Colorado for a soccer tournament,” said sophomore Natalie Brands.

Denver may not seem like a very interesting place to visit, but Brands disagrees.

“I would 100% recommend people to go to Denver the city was really nice and the Mountains were beautiful,” said Brands.

Another nice thing about going to Denver is that the flight is not that long.

“The flight was three and a half hours long,” said Brands. “I made bracelets the whole time.”

Brands was also happy with the food.

“I had a good shrimp fruit salad in the city,” said Brands.

Not all of summer vacation are to exotic places, but maybe a camp.

“I wanted to travel to Pioneer Camp and Retreat Center NY, because it offered me a job and it was a great location to enjoy God’s creation”, said senior Abby Markle.

Even though it was technically a job that did not stop Markle from having a good time.

“The most interesting thing was working with high school kids in a junior ROTC program.  There were sargents and everything,” said Markle. “The kids and activities were awesome, and my PLATOON WON!!!”.

As for summer vacations, you don’t always have to go to some crazy distant country. Sometimes, only a three hour car drive is all it takes.

“Camp is right on Lake Erie and has the most amazing sunsets.  It’s also a great place to make some awesome friends and get closer to God,” said Markle. “I’m truly blessed by my experience there this summer.”