New Faces, New Trends, & New Opportunities:)

Freshies!

October 10, 2018

New Faces, New Trends, & New Opportunities 🙂

By: Paige Stivenson

Summer came to an end, and as the season began to change, so did the people attending the school. The brand new freshmen Class of 2022 seems to have their minds at ease about moving from the middle school to the high school.

The first person I talked to about this was freshman Alexandra Speaker, known for her kindness and headstrong personality.

“High school is a lot better than middle school; there is a lot more freedom so I like it more,” said Speaker. “I made a few new friends but I mainly try to stay with my friends from middle school.”

Freshman Olivia Culleiton’s views on high school were very laid back. Culleiton is known for being a bright and joyful person.

“It wasn’t really hard to adjust to the changes because I already had an idea where everything was,” said Culleiton. “I have met lots of new people and became friends with people I never imagined I would be friends with.”

The final freshman I talked to was Joe Gigliotti, known for his beatboxing skills and sweet personality. His opinion on high school was very interesting.

“I like that I get to be on my phone more,” said Gigliotti. “I really think that people should be a lot nicer to others though.”

Gigliotti doesn’t exactly think that kids in high school are more interesting. “I haven’t met anyone new this year so far; everyone is pretty beat,” said Gigliotti.

Knoch High School has its ups and its downs, but I think we can all agree that it is a good environment for learning and achieving.

Good luck to all of the freshmen. May their year be filled with memories and public education!