Nate Jakovac: Baseball

PARENTS’ FIRST/ LAST NAMES: Heath & Tiffani Jakovac

SPORT: Baseball

NUMBER OF YEARS PLAYING THE SPORT: 12 years

FUTURE PLANS/ COLLEGE OF CHOICE (MAJOR): Studying Criminal Justice at Duquesne University in hopes of being a part of the agency of choice.

OTHER ACTIVITIES (SCHOOL RELATED OR COMMUNITY): Spanish Club, Golf, and Volunteer around the community.

FAVORITE HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC MEMORY: My favorite memory would have to be when we had a dance off against Freeport my sophomore year during a severe rain delay.

FAVORITE HIGH SCHOOL SUBJECT AND FAVORITE TEACHER: My favorite high school subject and teacher go hand in hand with Mr. Markwell’s Tech classes.

What would you like to say to your coaches?

Thank you for constantly pushing me to better on and off the field. It has helped shape me in more ways than I can count, and it’s upsetting that I couldn’t have that one last ride with you

all and the boys.

What would you like to say to your parents? 

Thank you for always being there for me. Year after year you both would take me to and from every practice and game until I could do it myself. You both paved me a path to be the best I could be, so thank you for everything.

What would you like to say to your teammates, either specifically or as a whole? 

Seniors, it sucks we couldn’t have this last ride together. Who knew that our scrimmage against Slip would’ve been the last time we saw the field as a Knight. We made countless memories with each other along the way that I’ll never forget. To the rest of the team, I’m sorry I can’t be there next year to club it up on and off the field with.