Jocelyn+Adley

Jocelyn Adley

Senior Performing Arts Bio

PARENTS’ FIRST/ LAST NAMES:  Laura and James Adley 

GROUPS: Orchestra 

INSTRUMENT(s): Violin

NUMBER OF YEARS PLAYING/SINGING: 8

FUTURE PLANS/ COLLEGE OF CHOICE (MAJOR): I plan on going to BC3 for my general studies, then possibly transferring to another school. 

OTHER ACTIVITIES (SCHOOL RELATED OR COMMUNITY): I’ve been a Girl Scout for 9 years, played ice hockey for 7 years, and been part of the newspaper staff for 3 years.

FAVORITE HIGH SCHOOL PERFORMING ARTS MEMORY: My freshman year we took a trip to Disney. That trip was the place I made some of my closest friends. We also spent the whole time stepping on the back of another student’s shoes as a joke…until his shoe broke.

FAVORITE HIGH SCHOOL SUBJECT AND FAVORITE TEACHER: No matter what Miss T may think, newspaper has been my absolute favorite class.

What would you like to say to your performing arts teachers/directors?

Over my past 6 years at Knoch, I’ve had 3 different directors who have made such a huge impact on my skills, and on my character. My apologies for never letting you guys fix my bow hold, it is finally getting better.

What would you like to say to your parents?

Thank you guys for supporting me the whole way through my life and putting up with my horrible screeching when I was first learning to play. Also, a giant thank you to my Grandma who has always pushed me to be the player I’ve become.

What would you like to say to your performing arts peers, either specifically or as a whole?

Over the years I’ve had the privilege of playing with some amazingly talented students. Thank you to those who have helped me along the way.

Advice for underclassmen?

Please stop doing TikTok dances in the back of the classroom.