Business in the front, Party in the back

Knoch Mullets

November 19, 2021

Made in the 80s and worn by Sean Brumbaugh, the modern mullet, whether you like it or not,  it’s making its way back into the fashion scene. Before we get into the strong opinions, here’s a brief history about the mullet

The mullet is a hairstyle originally worn almost exclusively by men, characterised by short hair on the front and sides of the head, and longer in the back. Surprisingly, the mullet started way back in the early seventies by a guy named Henri Mollet. Not much was known about the mullets apart from the french underground dancing scene, until it was resurrected by popular television personalities such as Pat Sharp.

By the time the year 2000 rolled around, mullets faded out and became outdated and unliked. Now, in the year 2021, mullets have made their way back into the mainstream, but this for both men and women. 

From the old Ellen Degeneres to Billy Ray Cyrus, mullets can’t seem to stop growing in popularity. Even on school grounds, the trend fails to stop. 

You see them everywhere In the halls, in the library, even in your own class. But is it all that bad? Let’s hear what some of our fellow classmates have to say. 

“I think they should be abolished because they’re kind of gross and weird and dare I ask: who invented such a hairstyle? I do not want a hairstyle such as that,” Brandon Mccardle said. 

“Mullets are ugly and they should be abolished forever. I don’t understand why guys think they are attractive or cool. They were popular in the ’80s, and even then they were still ugly. Stop.” Riona Clifton said.

We also got short but very direct answer like: “Abolish the mullet,” from Sawyer Bocchi, and “Mullets suck” by Annissa Bogan. 

But don’t worry, we had some, not many, positive reviews! David Shaffer said The mullet is a great hairstyle, if someone wants long hair but doesn’t want hair in their face constantly, the mullet may be the solution.”

“Who doesn’t want a man with a nice set of flowy hair? Trends always come back around but this one is timeless. You can dress it up and dress it down. 10/10!” Said Shaylee Walls. 

We also got the same answer from multiple students saying “mullets are hot and get all the moms.” Maybe that’s the secret once you grow a mullet?

So from all the answers we’ve read, it shows that students have many different strong opinions. Some even stronger than others like “BURN THEM WITH FIRE AND THEN LOCK THE ASHES AWAY AND BURY THEM IN A VAULT IN A VOLCANO,” said Reese Scott.