Freshman Fugitive

April 22, 2022

Freshman+Fugitive

Who can you count on when you’re stuck on a math problem? Freshman Alex Kleist is the right person to choose. From his crazy intelligence, to his anger issues, to his role on the basketball team, he’s truly the missing puzzle piece to Knoch High school.

Freshman friend Clint Critchlow said, “He has a weird sense of humor; smart but stupid at the same time.”

“I laugh at the dumbest things,” said Kleist. “ I find cows mooing and birds chirping pretty amusing and quite funny.”

If you ever need advice, you can definitely count on Alex.

“If anyone asks me for some advice, I’ll give it to them,” said Kleist. “I always speak the truth to them, being honest to them.”
Alex seems like a very lighthearted person, but he has an angry side to him.

“Don’t make him angry, or you better run,” said Critchlow “That only happens once in a blue moon.”

Even when Alex was a young child he was a bit obnoxious and was loud.

“Most of the time he was calm, but when he was playing with his toys, he was so obnoxiously loud with them,” said Olga Kleist, Alex’s mom.

Alex takes his anger on to the basketball court and shows up on his opponents.

Freshman friend and teammate Kaden Spencer said “ seventh man, sharpshooter, hardworking hustler, and gives good looks in practice.” He never misses a beat.”

Besides Alex’s little anger issues, he’s overall a great person to be friends with.

“He’s really funny, a great guy, he’a helpful, kind, and helps me not stress over bio tests,” said Spencer.

Alex’s favorite motto is, “Live each day as if it were your last.”

That means running from cops, doing extreme things, and living on the edge.

“You only live once,” said Kleist.

Alex’s friends and family recall the time him and his friends had to run from the police.

“We were just corning and ding-dong-ditch’ houses, ” said Alex, “But I guess we deserved the cops being called on us.”

“It still makes me mad to this day,” said Olga Kleist, “That altercation better never happen again.”