Categories:

Bye-bye brat summer

How did Knoch students spend their summer?
Bye-bye brat summer

I bet you didn’t know Jojo Siwa told junior Grace Mayhugh that she loves her this summer. 

Mayhugh said, “I was front row and Jojo was talking about how everyone hates her. Then, I said ‘No, I love you’

Jojo said ‘What?’ 

So I repeated, ‘I love you’

She said ‘Oh, I love you too!’”

Celebrity love, scuba diving, and watching the sunset over the Mediterranean: some students did more interesting things last summer than hanging out at SEBCO and playing Call of Duty

But, back to the love story of Mayhugh and Siwa. 

When Mayhugh decided to attend Pride on the Shore in Pittsburgh, she never would’ve thought that this would happen to her.

“I was quite excited because who gets to say that Jojo Siwa loves them and how many people get to be front row at her concert?” said Mayhugh.

Although she attended plenty of other concerts this summer, none of the others were quite as cool as Pride on the Shore.

“I went to many other concerts including Hozier, Noah Kahan, and Chappell Roan.”

(If you want to read more about Knoch’s opinions on Jojo Siwa, visit my other article, No-go Jojo!)

Although, Mayhugh was not the only student who had an eventful summer. 

“In Bonaire, we went sightseeing, went into town, saw the mountains, went to a flamingo reserve and a donkey reserve, and met people who live there and talked to them,” said junior Neah Ewing. 

Ewing visited the island of Bonaire in the Caribbean Netherlands this summer.

“The highlight was scuba diving. We saw turtles, puffer fish, seahorses, drumfish, angelfish, barracuda, tuna, and tarpon,” said Ewing.

However, not everything can go smoothly and easily even on a beautiful island.

“It is hard putting on and getting off gear. You have to carry all of the gear that you need which includes a wetsuit, oxygen tank, vest, fins, mask, shoes, and a regulator, and then put it all on,” said Ewing.

Being with others, especially friends and family, makes every cool experience so much more enjoyable.

“I was with my grandparents, sisters, and cousin. Spending family time together was fun and it was my sister Navee’s first time scuba diving, so it was cool being able to experience new things together,” said Ewing.

Her family spent a week in Bonaire exploring and traversing the island.

“It was exciting because you never knew what to expect or what you would see,” said Ewing.

Speaking of adventure, junior Dante Pelloni, who happens to be a traveling fanatic, spent his summer trekking to new places.

“Cruise in Greece, Colorado, and Chicago. I just explored all over!” said Pelloni.

He went to Greece in early July.

“I traveled to Greece for two weeks, exploring up and down the country, including Turkey,” said Pelloni.

Although he enjoyed the whole experience, one moment topped the rest.

“Watching the sunset in Delphi with four dogs and going to the club the same night,” said Pelloni.

Some things are just made to be in a movie and that is one of them. As I mentioned before, the people you are surrounded by will shape how you experience life.

“I was with peers from school. I put down my phone and was as aware as ever,” said Pelloni.

The summer truly is the best time of the year to experience new things and enjoy every minute of it.

“It was life-changing. It changed my view on life,” said Pelloni.

View Story Comments
Print this Story