Junior Year Exposed

June 11, 2018

As this school year comes to a close, the seniors leave, we receive new freshies, and it’s time for sophomores to face junior year. The stress and work of junior year is approaching and there are so many questions that need some answering. SATs? ACTs? AP classes? Athletics? Don’t you fret little sophomores, we are here to help.

Q: What is the difference between sophomore and junior year regarding work load, stress, and classes?

A: “It’s a little more stressful because you’re trying to make college choices and the workload is bigger.”   Austin Micko

Q: What is the best way to balance athletics and academics?

A: “Do NOT procrastinate. Time management is key!”   Andrew McIntosh

Q: How much college prep do you actually have to do junior year? What are they?

A: “You need to start looking at colleges, taking the SAT’s & ACT’s, touring colleges, and everyone starts asking what your plans are, so figure out what you want to do with your life.”

Kaylee Rodgers

Q: Is junior year as difficult as everyone claims?

A: “Yes, you will cry!” Shiann Thomas

Q: How difficult are AP courses compared to academic courses?

A:“AP classes definitely have a lot more work and are a lot harder but they’re definitely manageable. Just please don’t take a thousand AP classes and then complain about all of your work.”     Libby Casey

Q: What is your favorite part of junior year?

A: “I’m almost done, and I’m excited to have a definite plan for my future.”  Aleah Young