Cats, Sharks, and Mission Trips

October 11, 2018

Despite what you might think, teachers have lives too!  I will be showing you three very special and unique teachers and giving a peak on what their lives outside of school look like.

First we will take a look at Frau Cramer, an absolutely phenomenal teacher, and from what I can tell, all of her students love her. Then we will take a look at the legend himself, Mr. Amendola. Last, we will get a peak at the secret life of Mrs. Lampus, one of my favorite teachers.

First, I will be starting with Frau Cramer, one of the most friendly and caring people you will ever meet. When I walked into her class channel one, there was no doubt that she was a great teacher and definitely had some interesting things to share with me.

Q:What are some activities that you do outside of school?

A: “I run half marathons, I watch The Office on a constant loop on Netflix and that’s pretty much it.”

Q: Is your personality the same out of school as it is in school?

A:“No, I’m pretty much always hyper and always excited about German.”

Q:  What do you think about people that think all teachers do is teach kids?

A “It’s more than just teaching, it’s my life I love my job and everything about it, plus I get summers off so that’s great.”

Q: Have you done anything interesting that you would like your students to know about?

A:“Once I swam with sharks!, it was really cool and exciting and I thought that I was going to die!, I have never broken a bone in my life, and I went to police camp!”

Q: Do you have anything else to add?

A: “I’ve had a great first few weeks at Knoch and I have the best students, and I am very excited for the rest of the year!”

Next I will be covering the one and only Mr. Amendola. I was really excited about this interview. The only thing that most people know about him is that he has three cats, so probably like most of you, I wanted to know a little more about him, this is what he had to say.

A: I like to coach and play sports. I like to do fun activities with my two year old son like, the trampoline park, and going to parks.”

A: “No! I think I’m the same person in or out, I’m always happy, and a little sarcastic.”

Q: What do you think about people that think all teachers do is teach kids?

A: “It’s more than teaching students, it’s getting to know them, and communicating with them to get them to reach their goals.”

Q: Do you have anything else to add?

A: “Teaching is a big part of my life. You are always doing work in and out of school it’s not just the 7 or 8 hours a day, there is always something going on.”

Last, we will talk about Mrs. Lampus.  She is one of the nicest and patient teachers you will ever meet, and one of the teachers I respect the most. . . mainly from just putting up with me.

Q: What are some activities that you do outside of school?

A: “I like to play volleyball, but most of the time I just spend watching my kids play volleyball. I also like to read, I like to this while the kids have practice.”

A: “I don’t think my personality changes at all. I’m here with you guys and I go home with my kids, I think I should be more professional though. I’m enjoying myself to

much here!”

A: “Well, the job is not as easy as people like to make it sounds, to shape the lives of children is one of the most important things a person can do”

A: “I’ve been on a mission trip before, which I think everyone should do once in their life. You definitely should something that you have never done before.”

Q: Do you have anything else to add?

A: “You might hear teachers complain about their jobs, but honestly, I could not imagine doing anything else with my life.”

So as you hopefully learned that teachers are people too. With their own beliefs and morals, I hope that from this you also learned a little bit about some great teachers at Knoch High School