Almost to the Finish Line

Running Wild with Grace Bogacz

Erin Corcoran, Staff Writer

Spending her summers and afternoons running, Grace Bogacz is a talented Track and Cross Country athlete.  But that’s not all!  Bogacz is a summer lovin’ junior who is adored by all.

Bogacz has been running all her life, but in seventh grade she decided to try something new. ”In seventh grade, I tried volleyball and it was the worst experience ever so, I tried Track instead,” said Bogacz.

And that’s where the Track star began! Bogacz has a lot of goals for this coming season,“I hope to qualify for WPIALs in the 4×8 and the open 800 and maybe even medal in one of them,” she said.

After high school, Bogacz is going far and can’t wait to.  She has big plans for her future, but doesn’t quite know what those plans are yet.

“Palm Beach Atlantic University, Duquesne, or Cosmetology school,” are some options she is thinking about.

Most people see Bogacz owning her own business and being very successful, “In ten years, I see her living down south, somewhere warm, owning a hair/nail salon, getting ready to have kids and start a family,” said friend and fellow junior Ally Bauer.

“I believe she will own her own business,” adds Grace’s mom, Lisa Bogacz.

Bogacz agrees with this statement saying, “Yes, I think I will own some sort of salon”.

Bogacz’s personality would be great for a career like that! She is so kind, constantly making her friends laugh, and is always up for going on an adventure.

When Bauer was new to Knoch, Bogacz was one of her first friends. “I was new to the school and had no other friends and we sat by each other in English so she was forced to be my bestie!” said Bauer.

“My favorite memory is Karaoke in the car,” said Carly Fraser.

“We always sing Olivia Rodrigo, Taylor Swift, and country in the car,” said Bogacz when talking about this fun memory.

Even though Bogacz is always making her friends laugh, she is always laughing as well!

When Bauer gave Bogacz the advice “Keep on smiling,” Bogacz agreed, saying, “Yes, sometimes we all need to smile more!”