Can We Sport?

Can We Sport?

Girls Varsity Soccer Edition

On this edition of Can We????????,  Paige Wilson and I, Dara Patten, will be joining the girls soccer team for their practice and telling you how terribly we do! We are here to put our athletic skills to the test and our dignity on the line. You may be asking yourself, “Who are these people and what authority do they have to be trying these sports?” Don’t you worry, we can assure you that we are qualified. We gave ourselves the authority to tell you what we think about these sports’ practices and nobody can take it away from us.

I, Dara Patten, have been in a number of sports all of my life and currently play ice hockey, which keeps me in injured at all times but in some condition for athletic activities. Even though I consider myself mildly athletic, my skills and coordination will be put to the test.

Both Paige and I are certified quitters of more than 12 sports (a title bestowed by one Lara Ejzak)!!!!!! With a history of injury and sub-par sports performance, Paige’s qualifications to evaluate other sports are unmatched by any other critic of the decade, maybe even the century. That being said, we have started our sports hopping with Girls Varsity Soccer.

Now, beginning with the soccer team is a strategic choice on our part, as both Dara and I have extensive (1 combined year in U-8 KASA soccer) experience with the sport. Hopefully, our previous dubs will help us along our journey to rediscover the wonders of the biggest sport in (most of) the world.