New Me, Who Dis?

New Me, Who Dis?

Claire Lindsey, Opinion Editor

If you’re like me, you’ve  thought about changing your style. You know, switching out the jeans from 6th grade with a hole in the crotch.Or maybe you’ve wanted to go to the gym, even though you’d probably end up setting the assistance bar all the way. Perhaps you’ve even contemplating changing everything and not eating oreos in your pajamas at three o’clock in the afternoon.  In one way or another, we’ve all fantasized about a long awaited glow up. These students are giving a new meaning to Knoch’s finest.

If you’re looking for Junior Joel Cendrowski, you can find him at H&M or Pacsun.

“Over the summer I really got into men’s fashion because I really liked how certain people dressed,” said Cendrowski.

“I wanted to have a similar style because it’s something I enjoy.” He has a lot of outlets for stylistic influence.

“Usually I draw a lot of inspiration for how I dress from people that I follow on instagram because I really enjoy their style.” His streetwear type style  is often modeled after celebrities like Adam Levine, J Biebs, and Pharrell, as well as various Instagram models.

“I’ve noticed a lot more people pay attention to what I’m wearing and how I present myself,” Cendrowski said.

“I also have increased my number of viewers on Instagram.” So, if you’d like to gain some followers, see Joel Cendrowski for some advice.

Turning heads, junior Hannah Elliott decided to begin working out to improve self image.

“I’ve enjoyed working out since I was five,” Elliott said, informing us of her early inkling for athleticism. Her fitness background is a great source of inspiration.

“My older brother and his friends would lift and I’d want to lift too.” She also follows fitness pages on Instagram to help motivate her.

“I think it’s hard for some people to keep dedicating time to do something,” she said, regarding what inhibits people from achieving their goal.

“It gets tiring and you want to give up,” she said.

“But, if you really want it, you’ll work hard for it.”

Elliott has a strong drive to stay in great condition due to her pancreatitis, a painful chronic illness.

“My doctor told me that lifting and exercising will make me stronger and healthier, which will make my recovery a little quicker.”

Elliott made it clear that the straightest path to success is self discipline.

“I challenge myself to add more weight or do one more rep when I feel like I can’t do it.”

She encourages eve

ryone to challenge themselves and keep going.

“Whether playing an instrument, a sport, or even school, you’ll get better with time.”

Who’s the kid with huge biceps Junior Jack Ort also took it upon himself to make some lifestyle changes.

“I started messing around with weights when I was twelve, but I decided to get real serious when I was fourteen,” Ort said. He only rose from there. Ort considers no direction to be what holds most people back from getting in shape.

“If you don’t kn

ow what you’re going to be doing the next day, week, or month, your results will be minimal,” he says concerning direction and getting started. Ort suggests that Hail Mary by 2pac is the best way to do s

o.

“My favorite part about lifting is that it impacts your whole life” he said.

“Since I started lifting I have become confide
nt and it has improved my work ethic tremendously”

Fitness goes beyond the gym, however.

“Know what you are putting in your body. Weigh everything you put in your mouth and track your calories” said Ort. Though, he assures us he still eats pizza, wings, and fries on Sunday.

Hopefully, all his hard work will help him arrive at his goal of joining the Marines, and later starting his own business. Keep up the good work, Jack!