Munch Madness

Munch+Madness

Carly Fraser, Staff Writer

Easter is right around the corner! Stores such as Target, Giant Eagle, and Walmart have been ready for Easter since February. That gives everyone plenty of time to stock up on their favorite Easter candies before they are sold out. I’m sure we all have our own opinions on this holiday’s candy selection, but I wanted to interview some of our very own students to see which candy would be the winner. 

At the bottom of the list, is peeps. Personally, I have never enjoyed eating a peep. Something about the marshmallow coated in sugar just never sits right with me. It is way too sweet. I don’t think I could force myself to eat one of them. 

Junior Jaxson Donehue said, “Peeps are my least favorite Easter Candy. I always end up eating too much and then I get sick afterwards.”

Senior Maddy Hensch said, “Peeps are just gross! I don’t know how people eat them.”

Ever since they started selling strange flavors such as Pepsi Peeps or the Hot Tamale Peeps, that really drove me away from giving them a second chance. 

Coming in second place is the Easter M&Ms. Out of my interviews, Junior Elizah Collins was the only person to mention this type of candy.

Collins said, “Even though they taste the same as the regular ones, I love the pastel colors, so it just makes them better.”

I will always enjoy some good M&Ms. But, I will not agree that they are known as the best Easter candy of all.

Cadbury eggs beat every other candy out there. I have tried to make myself enjoy peeps, or the massive pieces of chocolate shaped like a bunny, but nothing can top the Cadbury eggs. 

If you have never tried one, you are missing out.  It is the best little nugget of chocolate coated in a crunchy sugar shell. They are all pastel colored which makes them even more fun to eat! Junior Calvary Moyer agrees with me that Cadbury eggs are superior to the other candies.

Moyer said, “The outer shell and the chocolate are meant for each other.”

Even just going to a store that sells Easter candy, you can see that the Cadbury Eggs are the best selling candy compared to the others. 

Please complete the poll in this article so we can see which Candy is the ultimate winner. Have a Happy Easter!

What is your favorite Easter candy?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...