Ball is Life

Knoch Basketball’s Success
Ball is Life

The boys basketball team is off to a 13-6 start this season, and they are just getting started. 

They already have won more games than they did last year, when they went 7-16, and then ended up losing in the first round of the playoffs as the 16 seed. In fact, this time last year, their record was 5-13. 

This season they have tallied up wins over Deer Lakes, South Fayette, and Highlands. 

“We are playing more as a team,” said sophomore Derek Lang when asked about the biggest difference from this year to last year. 

Currently the Knights are sitting at second in the section, and have some very important games coming up. If they win out, they could potentially win the section. 

Junior Jeremy Scheidt had a similar view on the Knights improvement this season, “We are more of a team,” said Scheidt. 

When asked how they should continue their success this season, Lang said, “rising up and playing like a chain.” That is Coach Bauman’s favorite quote. 

This is Coach Bauman’s fourth season for the Knights, and even though they had a playoff appearance last season. It is by far the best team he has coached. It is only on the incline from here, with the team being so young. 

The starting five consists of four sophomores and one junior. With some freshman and sophomores coming off the bench during the game, that will only help the Knights over the years to grow and continue to win. 

Even with the team being so young, it doesn’t stop them from being one of the best teams in 4A this season. 

When asked what the team has to do to continue their success this season Lang and Scheidt said one word, “WIN”. 

If you have not yet made an appearance at a basketball game this year, I would definitely recommend it. They are very fun. The student section gets very rowdy and sometimes gets in trouble (allegedly). 

The team is back in action on Tuesday, February 6th home against Hampton and has two more remaining home games after that. Both are very important because of the section standings. The team would love your support and love seeing a lot of fans in the crowd.