The Next Step

The Next Step

For many highschool athletes, graduating means the end of their sports career. However, for a select few, they have a chance at playing at the next level. Let’s hear from some of Knoch athletes that are getting the opportunity to play past highschool.

First is senior Jacob Stallsmith. Stallsmith was a three year starter for Knoch baseball.

Stallsmith was deciding between Tiffin, and John Carroll, but just recently signed to play at Cal U.

“The recruiting process was long and slow until the fall, then it picked up and I found my new home,” said Stallsmith.

“The academics meet my requirements and the coaches and facilities were very nice,” said Stallsmith.

Stallsmith is excited to continue his baseball career and have fun in college and he would like to add, “Get lit frat no cap!”

Next is senior Macrina Robb. Robb is going to play soccer at Robert Morris University. She was a four year starter a nice campus and good scholarship drew her to RMU. 

“The recruiting process was not very hard because my coordinator made it super easy,” said Robb.

Lastly is senior Lindsey Greb. She is playing tennis at Saint Francis University. Greb was dealing with an injury which made the recruiting process that much more stressful.

“I was dealing with a wrist injury during that time,” said Greb. “I was often hesitant with wanting to talk because some coaches say no to players if they hear that they are injured.”

Being a student athlete can be very hard. Balancing your time between sports and school is very challenging. Greb wanted to be at a school that understands how busy and rigorous being a student athlete is. 

“SFU is also well-known for their health sciences programs, so knowing that makes me confident that I will receive a great education and the ability to thrive in life after college,” said Greb.

These student athletes have a bright future ahead of them. Only time will tell if they can make it to the next level.

If you want to hear about highschool athletes that aren’t going to college for sports, go check out Kenzie Gumto’s article.