13+ Resources at Knoch High School

How to get Help When You Feel Helpless

Jenna Stallsmith, Video Editor

A lot of controversy has come up after season two of the Netflix series ‘13 Reasons Why’ came out. While the show desires to show awareness towards mental health, they also show very controversial and disturbing scenes to get the point across. Suicide, sexual assaults, and bullying are what causes parents to fight to take the series down. Before every episode the cast recommends kids to either not watch it or to watch with a parent. However, we all know kids will still watch it.

We see in the second season, a trial between Liberty High School VS Hannah Baker’s parents, the girl who kills herself. We learn that Hannah went to the school seeking for help, which is why her parents partially blame the school for her troubles. It got me thinking about what resources Knoch has and if kids actually know about them.

“There are counselors always open to talk, Ms. Stein has the program SAP, and there are multiple websites online to help,” said Mr. Hess.

Mrs. Knappenberger chimed in to say, “If we can’t help specifically, then we know how to direct you. Also 24/7 crisis hotlines are great ways to talk.”

One thing that was recommended by all is to seek help, understand that you are NOT alone. The administration have a desire to not only help you grow educationally but also personally. So take advantage of talking to a counselor, close teacher, or close friend.

https://www.13reasonswhytoolkit.org/