What Y’all Mad About Today?

Claire Lindsey, Opinion Editor

If you know me, lil’ ol’ liberal me, on a personal level you know that there’s one thing that I will ALWAYS be mad about. That is Donald Trump & Company. Now, I could go on and on…and on and on…and on and on and on about things that I loathe about that man child and the people he surrounds himself with. But, I will isolate one VERY SMALL specific thing that has been irking me. Name calling.

There have been a few instances where Donald has chosen childish terminology to address people, sometimes even people innocently abiding in his own country *cough cough* national football league players exercising their first amendment right *cough cough*. But the one that really grinds my gears is how he addresses one insanely dangerous man. He goes by the name Kim Jong Un.
If third grade me couldn’t get away with calling the kid beside me eating an eraser a “Neanderthal” then the leader of our nation should not be permitted to call the dictator of one of the biggest threats to our country “rocket man”.

Oh and by the way, Rocket Man? Really? I came up with better insults when I was 8. Use WHATEVER is under that monstrosity of a hair helmet to think of something a little less juvenile.
Perhaps you are thinking “but Kim Jong Un instigated by calling Trump ‘Dotard'”. Does the phrase “well he started it” sound familiar? And has that ever worked as an argument in the history of EVER?

Sophomore Brecken Farrell, a dignified Trump supporter was not as disgusted about this act as I.

“I think it’s hilarious, but I do think it’s somewhat un-presidential” Farrell says, not siding with the president.

However, sophomore Hailey Geagan, who tends to be pulled toward the left side, turned her viewpoint into a relatable simile.

[Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un] are like two preschoolers fighting over what power ranger is better. The pink one or the yellow one? Neither. Because in order for the power rangers to succeed they all need to work together.

— Hailey Geagan

The general consensus, regardless of the party you choose to affiliate with, is that it is infantile and should be stopped. I have some things I would like to call Donald Trump that I am not permitted to express in this article because there is a time and a place. If someone at the White House could let Trump know that this is not the time nor the place, I, along with the rest of the rational population, would greatly appreciate it.