“Look at all those tickens”

“Look at all those tickens”

Adison Trofimuk, Staff Writer

Most people today are obsessed with TikTok, which I don’t understand why people find it funny to watch a different person dance to the same song for the 100th time over entertainment. I just assume that everyone that watches it has nothing better to do with their time, and don’t even get me started on the worst of these people, the people that actually make these in the hopes of becoming “TikTok famous” granted, most of the people that make them are freshmen girls, and some other odd outliers.

Surprisingly, I’m not going to be talking about how much I hate TicTok, no I’m going to remind you of the good old days, the days before you could walk into the classroom and see somebody dancing in front of their phone. We need to go back to the days of Vine. 

Now if you were younger you may have not gotten to experience the greatness of Vine, and honestly, I feel bad for you. Oh, and before I go any further, no going on Youtube and watching vine compilations does not count as being one of the OG’s with Vine on their phones back in the day. Now that we have the specified information we can actually talk about Vine.

On January 24, 2013 Vine was created and it blew up almost instantly. There were no crappy dancing videos, no “how to make any girl/guy feel” videos, there was just good quality ORIGINAL content. 

Sadly almost four years better, Vine was shut down for not being able to make money off of the app. Yes, this was very sad at the time, but in hindsight, it was one of the greatest parts of my childhood, being able to remember a funny video from the app just makes me smile and brings me back to a better time. A time that was simpler, a time that was easier, a truly better time of our lives. This article isn’t supposed to make you feel bad about wanting to go back to that better time, it’s supposed to give you a feel-good nostalgic vibe.

So to start, I’m going to talk about my own personal favorite Vines. I’m just gonna run through them really quick and if you don’t catch it I really don’t care, you not cultured, and I’m really pissed off today so let’s get this done. Oh and it’s just going to be quotes with no context, and if you get them all then good for you I guess you are an intellectual.

Zack stop, Zack stop, you’re gonna get in trouble”,“I never went to oovoo javer”,Hi my name is Trey I have a basketball game tomorrow”, “It’s a avocadooo…thanks”,  “…Hi Welcome to Chili’s.”, “Road work ahead? Uh yea, I sure hope it does.”, “Mothertrucker, dude, that hurt like a buttcheek on a stick.”,“Look at all those chickens.”,”A potato flew around my room before you came.”,”What’s 9 + 10? 21.”,”I smell like beef.”,”AHH! Stahhp. I coulda dropped mah croissant.”

How many did you get, I hope all of them or we cant be friends. Anyways I hope this made your day better, I know when I’m always sad I watch vines, give it a try sometimes. Next time you do badly on a math test, watch some Vines or something, I don’t care what you want.