Onto Bigger and Better Things

Carly Fraser, Staff Writer

Senior year can be one of the best years of your life, but it could also be one of the most stressful. Students go throughout high school somewhat thinking about their future, but then senior year comes around, and they actually have to start making decisions. 

Senior Paige Rodgers has already started her college planning by committing to UVA at Wise.  Even though she does not have any ideas on what she wants to do for her future career, she is excited to graduate and go to college.  

Rodgers said, “I am not a homebody, so I am all for going far away to a school.” 

Most students are still in the planning stage such as senior Mitch Davies. He is in the process of applying to Coastal Carolina for marine biology.  Coastal Carolina University is located in South Carolina.  

Davies said, “I want to go south to play golf all year round and hang out at the beach.” 

He is excited to graduate but sad because it is the end of his high school career. 

Senior Grace Bogacz has applied to IUP and Liberty University, and she was accepted to both.  Liberty University and IUP have completely different atmospheres and locations. 

Bogacz said, “I’m not very sure if I want to stay close to home or go far because I got into a local school and an out of state one, and I can’t decide.” 

She has always known what she wanted to do as an adult. Bogacz said, “I plan to teach elementary education, by the beach in my mansion, with my rich husband.”

Bogacz is one of my closest friends. I am committed to Liberty University, and I am trying to convince her to go with me. I even brought her to the “college for a weekend” event  with me. 

Students like Emma Broman have no clue what they are going to do with their life. 

Broman says,  “I want to live in a van and travel the world.”

It’s okay to not know what you want to do in the future, but you should probably not plan on living in a van. 

Most students are not ready to graduate and move into adulthood.  There are so many options out there, it is a very hard decision. But, we still have a year to go! So let’s make it the best year!