Nobody Knows How to Say Goodbye

I have never been the person to look forward to going to school.  In sixth grade, I would go to school, cry, and then the nurse would send me home.  I eventually got over that, but I still didn’t want to be… here.  Getting up at 6am every morning and being at school for eight hours everyday has just not been my cup of tea.  When I look back and see the bigger picture, I see how much I took school for granted. 

Without Knoch, I wouldn’t have made some of my bestest friends.  I can’t even begin to fathom that this time next year, I will be done with my first year of college.  I can’t even fathom that we will all go from seeing each other every single day to maybe seeing each other over breaks.  I can’t even fathom that the day I have been looking forward to is less than two weeks away. It doesn’t feel real.

In second grade, I met Emma Broman.  She transferred from her baptist school to Knoch, so our teacher had us sit together.  We instantly became best friends.  We spent almost every day together, and it has been that way for ten years.  Ten years of being by each other’s side through everything. We went through six years of cheerleading, three years of dance, and we attempted orchestra.  Even though we didn’t stick with those things, we still got to make so many memories. She makes going to school well worth it. I am beyond grateful for Emma’s friendship to me.  I am so excited to see where the future takes us.

In seventh grade, I met Erin Corcoran.  I knew of Erin, but we never had any classes together, so I didn’t get the chance to talk to her.  We had history together in Mr. Woods class.  Erin never failed, and never does fail to make me laugh.  My favorite part of my mornings is watching Erin FLY into the student parking lot at 7:30am.  We did two years of cheerleading together, and we led worship at my church together for three years.  Erin always knows how to put a smile on my face and I trust her with my life’s secrets. Our friendship has grown so strong in the past four years, and I am so blessed to have her in my life.

In sixth grade, I met Eden Moyer. Eden and I had gym class and computer class first period together.  We bonded over our love for makeup, the show “High School Musical the Musical the Series”, and songs by Dr. Jean. Eden and I have so many memories together that I will cherish forever. We have become so close over the years and I am so lucky to have a friend like her in my life. 

I have made so many friends over the years that I would like to give a shout out to. Greta Dadowski, Grace Bogacz, and Ally Bauer have also shown me what true friendship is like. 

This year, I met Alessandra Natali also known as “Ale.”  Even though high school has pretty much been the same for me all of these years, I have loved watching Ale experience things like football games, homecoming, and prom for the first time.  Seeing how excited she is to experience these things makes me appreciate this year even more.  I am so happy to have had the opportunity to know Ale. I will miss her SO much, and I hope to visit her in Italy. 

Last but certainly not least, I met Jake Santora.  Jake’s mom was in my parent’s wedding, so Jake and I go way back.  But, it wasn’t until ninth grade when we became best friends.  Jake and I sat in the back of Mrs. Negley’s room and annoyed everyone in that class, but we didn’t care.  Some of my favorite memories in high school took place in “Negs Number’s” room.  Jake has always been there when I need him, and he is a big jokester.  He is my main form of entertainment at school with his crazy stories. I am so proud of who he has become and I know I will be seeing him on some TV show in the future. 

Without Knoch, I wouldn’t have made it into my dream college.  My parents and teachers have supported me all throughout high school to get to where I am today.  Big shoutouts to Mrs. Negley and Ms. T for being my favorite teachers, and for always being there for me when I was having a bad day.  Also, to Mr. Tristani for always checking up on me in the mornings. Math was my main struggle in the twelve years I spent here, but I learned to try my best and that is all that matters. 

My advice to the underclassmen… Don’t fill your schedule with AP classes or classes you know have given people trouble in the past (pre calc!!!!!).  Unless you want to be some fancy major in college, those classes aren’t that important. Take it easy on yourself.  Don’t let schoolwork take over your social life.  Spend as MUCH time as possible with your friends and family. Before you know it, you will be on that field graduating.