Throwback Halloween Costumes

Abygail Mason, Staff Writer

It’s time for Halloween, don’t you want to see some of your fellow high school students in their costumes when they were younger? When asking some students questions about a costume they remember wearing, I received some pictures as well.

1) What’s the oldest costume you can remember wearing/ How old were you?

Ms. Lemmon: “I believe I was 4 years old, and I was actually a pod of grapes.”

Senior Madison Stivenson: “I was about 5 or 6 years old, and I can remember wearing a homemade Little Mermaid costume my grandmother had made for me out of fabric and silk.”

Senior Derrick File: “I was 15 years old, and I dressed as up Polamalu.”

Junior Sara Vodenichar: “I was 15 years old, and I dressed up as a bear.”

Junior Dominic Atherton: “I was about 8 years old, and I dressed up as a ghost.”

Sophomore Lily Hixon: “I was probably 6 or 7 years old, and I dressed up as my Aunt Karen.”

Sophomore Blake Branchen: “I was 7 years old, and I remember dressing up as a cop.”

2) Did you like the costume? Why/why not?

Ms. Lemmon: “At the time, I don’t think I did like the costume. There is a picture of me in the costume, and I do NOT look thrilled. However, looking back on those pictures, I think the costume  was adorable and very creative!”

Stivenson: “Of course! I was in love with it. I was obsessed with Ariel in The Little Mermaid.”

File: “No, because I bought it as a last second costume.”

Vodenichar: “Yes, it was very soft and comfy.”

Atherton: “I loved it. I made it in like 20 seconds and thought it was awesome.”

Hixon: “I loved that costume! It was so fun for me because my Aunt had no idea until she saw me making fun of her.”

Branchen: “Yes I did because when I was younger I wanted to grow up to be one.”

3) If you could change the costume at all, what would you change about it?

Ms Lemmon: “I don’t think I would change anything about it! My mom actually told me that a woman she worked with at the time, hand made the costume for us.”

Stivenson: “Six year old me would want to add more jewels and sparkles on it.”

File: “I wouldn’t want to change anything, I didn’t like t very much at all anyways.”

Vodenichar: “I would add a tail and ears onto the costume.”

Atherton:I would put fake blood on it.”

Hixon: “I would change the glasses. They were reading glasses and I had a headache, they even caused me to trip off of our trailer and faceplant into the gravel.”

Branchen: “I wouldn’t want to change anything about the costume, I liked it the way it was.”

4) With whom did you go Trick-or-Treating with? Where?

Ms. Lemmon: “I went with my older sister, who was dressed as McDonald’s french fries (also a handmade costume) and we went around our neighborhood and also to my grandparents’, aunts and uncles’ houses.”

Stivenson: “I went with my sister Paige around Buffalo township.

File: I went with Nathan Mickey, Dalton Baumler, and Zayne Mangol.”

Vodenichar: “I went with my friends, Abby, Melanie, Emma, and Celeste. We went Trick-or-Treating in Celeste’s neighborhood.”

Atherton: “With one of my old friends, at my grandma’s neighborhood.”

Hixon: “I was with my family and my best friend, Matt Lehnerd. We went in their neighborhood.”

Branchen: “I went with my brother, Colten, and my cousins, PJ and Paige. We went down Eakstein Road.”