All the places you will go; Yale, Pilot,Cosmotogy school,Military,Weekend Yoga

Celeste Beacom, Features Editor

“The choices you make today shape your world tomorrow.” ~ Mr. Tibit.

After four long years, the class of 2019 is finally graduating. Students are ready to go into the real world and chase their dreams. We may be the underdogs to the class of 2020, but we are still the seniors. We finally put our drama outside, and have come together to finish off strong. Although we are often characterized by excess absentees, and slacker attitudes, we have ambition to become doctors, pilots, teacher, etc… Here’s a look into the future plans of five seniors.

Nikki Ambrose– future Yale student (and future first female President)

1. What made you decide to apply to Yale?
  2. “My parents and I were visiting some colleges in the Northeast one weekend and decided to stop by Yale last minute just for fun, but the facilities, campus, and people ended up being incredible. It seemed like a place full of awesome opportunities and staff, but the students were all so down to earth, too! I just knew it was my dream school by the end of the day.”
  3. What do you plan on studying? Why did you chose this?

A.”I want to major in chemistry on a pre-med track because I am interested in pursuing medical research later on. I knew I wanted to help people by studying science, but the chem classes with Mr. Hooks and Mr. Gavel were always my favorite of the sciences, so that’s what I want to keep doing.”

1. Do you plan on joining any clubs or extracurriculars?

A.”I want to join one of Yale’s many theater and acting groups, as well as get involved with the community outreach and service programs on campus. Over the summers I plan to join some of the faulty research labs, too.”

1. What about Yale makes you most excited to go there? Why?

A.”The diversity of people and opportunities that will be available on campus will be totally different from anything here, and I’m looking forward to exploring and experiencing all I can.”

1. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10?

A.“After graduating college I hope to join a research project and get some experience in that, but ultimately I would like to go to grad school for a P.H.D. and get a permanent position in a research facility in Pittsburgh”

Q.Anything else you’d like to add?

1. “Yale’s mascot is a bulldog, so good luck topping that!”

Joey Arthur– Future Marine

Q.What are you planning on doing next year?

A.”Graduate from Marine Corps basic training.”

Q.What inspired you to choose this path?

A.”The desire to improve and grow through adversity.”

Q.Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10?

A.”Military Officer”

Aly Stull– attending cosmetology school

A.”I plan on going to Bella Capelli in Monroeville for beauty school.”

1. ”I worked at sports clips for a while being a receptionist and just the environment around me made me happy to be there. It didn’t feel like I was going to work.”

1. “I see myself owning a salon and working my own hours so that way I can be at home with my kids when I’m needed there.”

Chase Mullen– Most Athletic in the senior class

1. “Next year I am planning on attending the University of Marietta to play lacrosse and further my academic career.”

1. “I wanted to go to a good school with good academics and a good lacrosse team to play on. I wanted to feel welcomed by the professors, teammates, coaches, and made me feel welcome.”

1. “I see myself having a good paying job with a lovely family, taking yearly vacations, and having a couple dogs.”

Q.Do you plan on playing sports or clubs at school? (If attending college)

1. “Yes, I will be playing on the lacrosse team and joining the yoga club for weekend activities.”

Noah Cetnar– future pilot/ ROTC Army

A.”I am attending Embry Riddle Aeronautical University to study Aeronautical Science with a minor in Finance. I will also be in Army ROTC.”

A.”I went for a flight with a distant relative. Just fell in love instantly.”

A.”Graduating from college, starting my job in the airlines or the Army. Having a family that loves God.”

Celeste Beacom- me

A.What are you planning on doing next year?

Q.” I will be attending the Indiana University of Pennsylvania to study nutrition/ dietetics with the goal of becoming a registered dietitian.”

A.What inspired you to chose this path?

Q.”The past two years of my health journey sparked my interest in nutrition. I fell in love with the way food changes your body.”

A.Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10?

Q.”Finishing my master’s degree and being happy. Possibly starting a family.”

A.Do you plan on playing sports or clubs at school?(If attending college)

1. “I will be cheering, and maybe joining a few clubs.”

In a month these seniors will set out to accomplish their goals, but will not forget were they came from.

“The universal energy for 2019 invites us into the sandbox, onto the stage, and into the spotlight, and reminds us to play, to laugh, to find lightness in the shadows and shine our light into the dark creative solutions to global table.” (refinery29.com)