Torrance Bajuszik

Senior Performing Arts Bios

Torrance+Bajuszik

Jocelyn Adley, Staff Writer

STUDENT’S FIRST/ LAST NAME: Torrance Bajuszik 

PARENTS’ FIRST/ LAST NAMES:  Andrew Bajuszik and Nicole Bajuszik 

GROUPS  (orchestra, chamber singers, concert band, etc): Chamber Singers, Quartets, Musical 

INSTRUMENT(s)  (if applicable): Violin 

NUMBER OF YEARS PLAYING/SINGING: I have sang for 7 years in school in the choir and played violin for 5 years. If we are talking outside of school I have sang since I was 3 and have had voice lessons since that point.

AWARDS/ RECOGNITION (First chair, PMEA): I was first chair violin before I had to choose between choir and an instrument. I have won the Knoch talent show and have also participated in PMEA events. I have won the Henry Mancini for best supporting actress and was nominated for best actress. I have been in all of the musicals and have had many choral solos. 

FUTURE PLANS/ COLLEGE OF CHOICE (MAJOR): Youngstown State for the BFA in musical theatre

OTHER ACTIVITIES (SCHOOL RELATED OR COMMUNITY): I participated in the Pittsburgh CLO and Pittsburgh Musical Theatre.

FAVORITE HIGH SCHOOL PERFORMING ARTS MEMORY: I have so many amazing memories but I would say I love the musical memories and all of the fun times on the bus with the chorus kids. I loved going to the Great Wolf Lodge with the chorus class. That was a riot. 

FAVORITE HIGH SCHOOL SUBJECT AND FAVORITE TEACHER: My favorite subject was English by far, my favorite teacher was Mrs. Lentz, she is tough but a huge influence and sweetheart. I will miss her dark humor!

What would you like to say to your performing arts teachers/directors? Thank you to the teachers who valued me and saw me for who I am and what I have to offer. 

What would you like to say to your parents? I thank my parents for always putting my dreams and music first. They never questioned me and what I wanted to do, if anything they pushed me further towards music. I am blessed for such supportive parents. 

What would you like to say to your performing arts peers, either specifically or as a whole? I want to thank all of the chorus kids for making me so happy and always causing me to laugh on bad days. This group was so special and so dynamic, we all have a bond that no one will ever understand and I will miss being goofy and making MR. Sypien insane. He was an amazing influence and teacher and he will be missed. I will also miss all of my musical friends so much. Everything felt so quick and I feel like I never got to have cousere on my last  year. 

Advice for underclassmen? Work hard, be kind, don’t quit