Supercell Students

Supercell+Students

Jake Santora, Video Editor

Throughout the recent years of the 21st century, mobile gaming has taken over phones by storm, and Knoch is no exception. Those who have zero games on their phone are few and far between; however, it is even more rare to see someone without a Supercell game. Clash of Clans, Boom Beach, Hay Day, and much more sit atop the mobile gaming throne here at Knoch. Whether you’re taking down the king’s tower in Clash Royale or completing a task in Hay Day, the hold a Supercell game has on a student is unmatchable!

I too can say that my phone has fallen victim to the popular gaming company as well. Specifically along the lines of the popular farming tycoon, Hay Day. 

However, Hay Day is not the only thing attracting the eyes of game-hungry students. 

“Clash of Clans be mad fun sometimes,” said senior Aiden Trofimuk.

“It is a strategy war game where you construct bases, upgrade defenses, and create elaborate strategies with lots of different troops and heroes, I’d definitely suggest the game to others,” added senior Jake McCurdy.

However, others weren’t shy to point out Supercell’s main flaw with the game.

“It [Clash of Clans] works because it is such an appealing game that just sucks all the time and money out of you,” added senior Ben Ellison.

Unfortunately for the gamers of Knoch, Clash of Clans isn’t the only game that comes with the price of time and money.

“Clash Royale has essentially turned into a pay to win if you want to do well from all the passes and stuff, and it takes a long time to get the trophies and all of the good cards,” said senior Jackson Pacek.

Alongside this issue, Pacek argues that the game has basically lost its touch.

“I like the strategic part, but I don’t really enjoy the game as a whole anymore,” he said.

Despite the criticism, Clash Royale and Clash of Clans sit high among the list of the greatest games considered in Supercell’s lineup.

Beneath the popularity of those two games at Knoch, lies two more that sometime go under the radar.

Boom Beach and Brawl Stars, regardless of lesser popularity, still have a loyal fanbase.

“I’ve played for about one and half years. The premise of the game Boom Beach is just upgrading HQ, training troops, and attacking others for resources. The best part is attacking others with troops and abilities.” said freshamn Liam Cox.

Senior Issac Brace’s interest for Brawl Stars and other Supercell stems a little differently.

“I like these games because they give me the satisfaction and love that my parents never give me,” said Brace.

Even with all these competing games, it is still safe to say that Hay Day is the most popular game at Knoch.

It could be the simplistic premise or the fact that it motivates students to play a digital version of Saxonburg. Either way, the game has taken over students’ phones and its popularity is continuing to grow.

The basis of the game is easy, it is simply…

“Farming,” said junior Paige Wilson.

Players tend to have the most passion within the challenging neighborhood derbies that occur weekly.

“I only play it because I’m in the best neighborhood to ever exist. I think it would be boring if there weren’t derbies that I contributed my time to,” said senior Greta Dadowski.

“Contribute to the neighborhood, and above all else, complete your derby tasks,” agreed senior Grace Gilmore.

Despite the popularity, senior Veanna Pollard thinks the game could use a touch up on a specific design.

“They need to get cuter pigs because they freak me out. Especially the way you get bacon from them,” said Pollard.

At this point, the odd ones out are the students lacking a Supercell game on their phone. 

But if you do plan on getting one, although I’m supposed to be unbiased, I have to agree with senior Livi Ort’s statement, “HayDay4Lyfe.”